It’s more than officially winter and our Canadian Rockies have been declared a winter wonderland play zone! While we’re known for world-class skiing, all things snow—from our vibrant winter festivals to our cozy apres-ski culture—is bound to please even the pickiest chionophile.*
And whether you’re an avid planner or a spur-of-the-moment traveler, here are some suggestions for Lake Louise winter activities to try:
- Rent a pair of ice skates and enjoy the beauty of Lake Louise, gliding long one of the world’s most scenic outdoor ice rinks!
- Trek the trails of Lake Louise by snowshoe. Stop by the front desk and pick up a pair, provided complimentary to our guests.
- Experience the thrill of being pulled by an energetic pack of dogs through picturesque winter landscapes. Tours are offered by Kingmik along the Continental Divide.
- Marvel at the intricate ice sculptures during the Lake Louise Ice Magic Festival, January 15 through January 26.
- Enjoy the beauty of the sparkling snow and blue sky, bundled beneath a blanket and horse-drawn sleigh with Brewster Adventures. Rides are offered during days, under our crisp sun, and evenings, with the milky way to guide the way!
- Evenings are meant for apres-ski in our Great Canadian Gazebo with complimentary hot chocolate and s’mores, dinner in pub-style Explorers Lounge or family dining in Timberwolf Pizza and Pasta Café.
Don’t get left out in the snow … book your winter getaway today!
(Noun) Any animal that thrives in winter conditions, especially one that thrives in snow.